This video is a photo study of the jumping roundhouse kick. Some key features of this video.
- The video is composed of still frames, shot at 1/10th of a sec.
- While 12 seconds long, the real life time it took to execute the tech was 0.7 seconds.
- From launch to pad contact is 0.3 seconds. A typical criticism of big techniques is that they take too much time to execute.
- Master Mikel Steenrod is executing the kick while Mr. Jim Graham is serving as the holder.
- This execution was done as part of a back and forth exchange between the two participants. The kicks were being executed continuously.
- This photo sequence happened to catch many of the critical parts of the kick and so was used in the study.