- This video is made from still photos shot on a Nikon Z9. Each still frame is a photo shot in sequence at 1/20th of a sec. Even at 1/20th of sec, many parts of the thrust or the parries were not captured due to the speed.
- This video totals 1.6 seconds of match time of a much longer match.
- Two experienced martials artists, Mr. Beau Reilly and Mr. Jim Graham, face off in this spear play match.
- The tips of the spears are sharp enough to stick into wood if thrust with moderate power. For that reason, the goal is to bring the tip within 6-8 inches of the body to score rather than physically striking the training partner.
- The location is in Flagstaff, AZ at Buffalo Park.
- There are many small quick parries, feints, and redirects that are occurring within the match, even with the short time of 1.6 seconds. Can you see them?